Here is a great recipe from www.floridacitrus.org that will have everyone excited for dinner tonight! It’s a great healthy recipe that is light and refreshing for a summer serving. Even better, you can feature our Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice that is 100% natural, fresh and works perfectly with this recipe!
- 1 cup Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice , divided
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups water
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Florida grapefruit, segmented
- In a small pot over medium heat, add 1/2 cup of the orange juice to 2 cups of water, bring to a simmer and poach the chicken breast. Cool and shred with a fork.
- Separate leaves from the Bibb lettuce, laying 2 lettuce leaf cups onto each plate.
- Place an equal amount of chicken in each lettuce leaf cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and vinegar with the remaining orange juice, green onions and grapefruit segments. Spoon equal amounts of the vinaigrette over each lettuce cup. Wrap lettuce leaf around chicken mixture and eat by hand.