It’s summer, so we thought it would be nice to provide you with a fun and delicious summer recipe that is also packed with folic acid, vitamin B12, magnesium and other important nutrients for your health.
Staying healthy and eating foods such as lean meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds can be very beneficial to your overall health and get you in the mood with some summer inspiration! Not only does it taste fantastic, but it feels better to eat healthy.
For more tips and help for a healthier you make sure you download our Grapefruit Juice Diet HERE. It’s free and will help you feel great this summer!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, scooped from the skin and chopped
- 2 limes, 1 juiced and one cut into quarters for garnish
- 2 cups cabbage, red, green or both, shredded
- 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 6 corn tortillas, kept warm
- 16 ounces halibut or cod fillets
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cabbage and onion together. Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Mix into the cabbage mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Mix the canola oil and lime juice together. Brush the fish with this mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cook on the grill, covered, until cooked through, approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Serve the fish in the tortillas with some of the coleslaw over the top and garnished with the tomatoes and avocado.