Here is a great recipe from www.floridacitrus.org that will have everyone excited for dessert tonight! It’s a great dessert to show off at a guests house as well! Even better, it features our Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice is 100% natural, fresh and works perfectly with this recipe!
- 8 Georgia peaches
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced .
- 1 teaspoon Florida orange zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 prepared pie dough sheets
- 2 large eggs, large, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Drop peaches into boiling water for about 5 seconds; remove from boiling water and place in bowl of ice water to cover. Peel skin from peaches; cut in half and remove pit. Discard skin and pits. Cut peaches into slices; toss with sugar and lemon juice. Reserve.
- Combine orange juice, cornstarch, ginger and orange zest in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Simmer for 1 minute; remove from heat. Cool slightly and add butter; stir until butter melts. Pour orange juice mixture over peaches; mix well.
- Cut 6 (5-inch) circles out of pie dough sheets. Place large spoonful of peach filling in center of each circle. Fold one side over to form semi-circle or half-moon shape; press down well with fingers or fork to seal. Whisk eggs and milk together; brush outside of hand pies with egg mixture. Bake in a 350° F degree oven until lightly browned or fry in a 350° F deep fryer until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.