Here is a great recipe from www.floridacitrus.org that will have everyone excited for dessert tonight and maybe some richly delectable breakfast tomorrow. Now with Indian River Select® Brand Juices being in Michigan and Meijer it’s even easier to access! This cobbler features our Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice which is 100% natural, fresh and works perfectly with this recipe!
- 4 cups Michigan cherries, pitted, juice reserved
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups Florida orange, segments, seeded
- ½ cup Florida grapefruit, segments, seeded
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- For Filling: Combine cherries and reserved cherry juice, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and cornstarch in medium saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute; remove from heat. Add butter; stir until melted. Cool and add orange and grapefruit segments. Pour filling into baking dish or pie pan.
- For Topping: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in food processor. Add butter; pulse a few times until butter is cut into small, pea-sized pieces. Remove flour mixture from food processor; place mixture in mixing bowl. Add egg and milk; stir just until just combined; do not overmix. Drop topping mixture by tablespoons over filling until it is almost covered. Bake in a 350°F oven until topping is browned and filling is bubbling and hot. Remove from oven; cool slightly before serving.