Chill out your evening with a delicious dessert. We found this delicious and fun recipe on Tasteofhome.com and you can find this photo on our Indian River Select Pinterest. The prep time is about 50 minutes, including the chilling, and after you are finished it should wield about four servings.
- 1/2 cup each yellow, green, orange and red candy coating disks
- 16 to 20 small lemon, rose or mint leaves
- 2-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 Popsicle sticks
- 4 large navel oranges, peeled
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place candy coatings in separate microwave-safe bowls. Heat in a microwave until melted; stir until smooth. With a small new paint brush, brush candy coating in a thin layer on the underside of each leaf. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Apply a second layer of candy coating to leaves; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight. Gently peel leaves from coating.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip ends of Popsicle sticks into chocolate and insert into oranges. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip oranges into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan and let stand until set.
- Remelt chocolate if necessary. Dip oranges into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Attach leaves as desired. Return to pan; refrigerate until serving. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 4 servings.