Enjoy a delicious weekend morning with your family by trying this scrumptious breakfast recipe using Indian River Select®Brand Orange Juice. This breakfast will liven your day and the kids will love it! We found this recipe from our friends at Florida Citrus. Watch the short and easy instructional video below, and enjoy the ingredients and instructions after! Celebrate your day with Indian River!
- 1 loaf whole wheat French bread, sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 half cup Indian River Select Brand Orange Juice
- 3 ounces black raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Florida Orange Juice zest topping: In a small pot over medium heat, pour in Florida Orange Juice. Add raisins and half of the cinnamon, cook until raisins are fully hydrated. Remove from heat. Add contents to a blender and blend until smooth. Reserve.
- Lightly mist a 9” x 13” x 2” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in two rows, slightly overlapping pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread, making sure all bread is moist. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle topping evenly over the top of bread and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Add Florida Orange Juice zest on top of French toast or fresh berries, if desired.