This delicious recipe we found on preventionfood.com is a great recipe for cancer prevention and would dance just delicious with a glass of Indian River Select® Orange Juice. This month Indian River is going PINK to kick off National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the start of this year’s Florida citrus season. Indian River Select® will partner with Susan G. Komen® in support of their promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever. This recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious making a serving of four in a total of twenty minutes.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1 c grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) low-salt mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices low-sodium whole grain bread, toasted
- HEAT 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the scallions for 1 minute, stirring, or until softened.
- TRANSFER the scallions to a large bowl. Add the spinach, eggs, and egg whites. Beat with a fork until well blended.
- PREHEAT the broiler. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Pour the mixture into the skillet and scatter the tomatoes on top. Cover the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, or until the eggs are set around the edges.
- BROIL 5” from the heat for 4 minutes, or until the frittata is lightly browned and the center is set. Top with the cheese; cover and let stand for 1 minute to let the cheese melt. Cut into 4 wedges and serve each with 1 slice of toast.
- NUTRITION (per serving) 280 calories, 17 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 22 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 263 mg sodium
Photo Credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/307652218265943718/