Here is another great recipe from www.gofloridagrapefruit.com. This is a great refreshing recipe filled with citrus flavors! So grab a bottle of Indian River Select® Brand Grapefruit Juice and start cooking!
Carrot Chutney Ingredients
- 8 bunches of carrots, peeled and cut slantwise in slices of 3 mm thick, blanched al dente
- 2 shallots, finely cut
- juice of 2 Florida oranges
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger syrup
Steamed Shrimp Ingredients
- 3-4 big shrimp (Black Tigers) per person, peeled and cut in half, length wise
- 1 cup white Indian River Select Brand Grapefruit Juice
- 2 fresh bay leaves, torn in two
- 1 clove of garlic, in slices
- 6 egg yolks
- shredded peel and juice of a red Florida grapefruit
- 1/4 cup white port
- 1 little bundle of rucola, washed
Fry the shallots in vegetable oil until they are glace. Add the orange juice, sherry vinegar and ginger syrup; let it concentrate to a syrup. Add the carrots and let it softly heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Boil the juice of white grapefruits with bay leaves and garlic in a steamer. Keep the juice just under boiling level. Put the shrimp in the steamer and hang it above the grapefruit juice. Put on the lid. Let the shrimp steam for 4-5 minutes until they are almost done, then turn off the heat.
Meanwhile, beat up the sabayon. Set out a pan with a fitting bowl (au bain Marie), fill the bowl with one third of water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat. Beat the egg yolks with port, juice and shredded peel of red grapefruit in a bowl. Put the bowl on the pan with almost boiling water and keep stirring (5 -7 minutes) until a light and firm foamy sauce appears. Flavor with salt and pepper to taste. Remember to keep stirring, because otherwise, you will end up with scrambled eggs!
Finishing off: Mix the ruccola with carrots. Now, fill up cocktail glasses with shrimp, divide rucola and carrot into the glasses, and cover with sabayon.
Recipe source: http://www.gofloridagrapefruit.com/recipes/shrimp-with-grapefruit-juice-carrot-chutney-rucola-and-hot-sabayon/