Give traditional candied sweet potatoes a new twist with snappy orange flavor with this speedy skillet method.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2″ thick
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded Florida Orange Peel
- 1/2 cup Indian River Select Florida Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or molasses
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Place sweet potatoes in a 12″ skillet; cover with boiling water and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small mixing bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, brown sugar or molasses, margarine or butter, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour over the cooked potatoes in the skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly. Boil gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until potatoes are glazed, spooning sauce over potatoes occasionally.
Makes 4 servings.