- The 6th Annual Dunedin Orange Festival is a Fundraiser for the Dunedin Historical Society and The Dunedin Chamber Foundation is back this weekend on Saturday, July 8th, 2016 from 10 am to 10 pm at Edgewater Park. For more information Check out The Dunedin Orange Festival or Dunedinmuseum.org. This is an old fashioned downtown celebration that includes a:
- Brew off Craft Beer Contest
- Music, Food, Entertainment
- Fun For All Ages
- New WATERSLIDE!!!!!
- Pinup Girl Contest
- Bid on an Orange Bonnet in a Silent Auction!
ORANGE FEST AFTER DARK
- Adult Beverages! Craft Beer and Wine
- Live Music
- Sunset At The Marina
- Local Food Vendors and More
- Even a parade you can walk in or watch.
You will also find plenty of Indian River Select® orange and grapefruit juice samples, available at our booth, to quench your thirst. We hope to see you there!!!
What is the Dunedin Orange Festival? Growing oranges and celebrating commerce and the importance it’s meant to Florida is no surprise, but where and how did this festival that Indian River Select® Brand has been sponsoring every year come from?
Dunedin reflects the rich American and Scottish heritage of its founding fathers. This charming village like town has the distinction of being the oldest town south of Cedar Key. Early in its history, thanks to a dock built to accommodate schooners and sloops and the ingenuity of pioneers from as near as Georgia and as far as Scotland, Dunedin became one of Florida’s chief seaport and trading centers. At one time Dunedin had the largest fleet of sailing vessels in Florida. Early settlers were primarily cotton and citrus growers, and it is hard to envision that most of what is now downtown was once a big cotton field.
Schedule of Events
|10am Festival Starts||Indian River OJ Samples begin|
|10am- 3:30pm||Fun Zone open|
|11:00am – Til?||Spin to Win Game Open|
|11am-9:30pm||Orange Bonnet Silent Auction|
|12:00- 2:00pm||Jack & Josie Local entertainment|
|2:30-4:30 pm||Music by Shakes Society|
|5:00– 7:00pm||Music by 6 Volt Rodeo|
|5:30- 9:30pm||Fun Zone (evening games, center of park)|
|6:00-8:00pm||Craft Brew Off|
|7:30- 9:30pm||Music by Hot Rod Hornets|
|8:30pm||Pin-Up Girl Contest!|
|8:50pm||Beautiful Sunset over the Marina|
|10:00pm||Dunedin Orange Festival Closes!|