Parents, here are some reasons why you AND your kids should be drinking orange juice. Orange juice is an excellent source of vitamin C, but it doesn’t stop there. The health benefits of drinking orange juice go far beyond that. So grab a great big glass of the orange stuff and drink up! Below you will find just a few reasons why you and your kids should be drinking orange juice together every day:
- Drinking orange juice lowers blood pressure.
- Orange juice may lower the risk of cancer.
- It provides vitamin C. The vitamin C we get from orange juice protects our bodies from the harmful effects of free radicals that cause early aging and aids in the absorption of essential minerals like calcium.
- You can improve your diastolic blood pressure by adding a glass of orange juice into your diet.
- Drinking orange juice regularly is thought to decrease levels of low-density lipoprotein, or LDL, cholesterol. LDL cholesterol is commonly known as the “bad” cholesterol and it collects in your arteries and blood vessels, causing heart problems, cardiovascular issues, and problems with healthy blood and blood oxygen flow.
- Drinking orange juice is said to bring a radiant glow to your skin and provide other skin benefits as well. Drinking this juice will help to hydrate skin and keep it firm. Using this juice as a topical treatment does wonders for the skin as well.