Spring has arrived and we couldn’t be happier! Being the ultimate season for fresh produce, spring is definitely one of our favorite times of the year. It’s the perfect occasion to start experimenting in your kitchen with light and refreshing ingredients that will brighten your plate after winter’s heavy meals. A great tip to keep in mind this season is to make your dishes veggie-centered. Use a lot of in-season herbs, greens, vegetables, and fruits. Complement with protein and carbs, but make sure to keep your veggies the star of every dish! One of our favorite things to do is play around with big salad bowls.
Today we’re sharing one of our most recent obsessions: a Spring Salad with Orange Vinaigrette inspired by Dine & Dish. It’s extremely easy to make and adaptable. You can mix in whatever you have in your pantry and add salmon or chicken for extra protein.
What you will need:
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup Indian River Select Brand Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces pre-washed spring mix salad
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
How to make it:
- In a large bowl combine orange zest, Indian River Select Brand Orange Juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, black pepper and extra-virgin olive oil. Whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Place lettuce, cheese and walnuts on a big bowl. Drizzle with the blended orange vinaigrette dressing.
- Add any protein you’d like