It’s summer, it’s hot and the kids are out running around or going to practice in this heat. They need something to replenish those electrolytes. So, instead of reaching for the store bought sports drinks try making this natural electrolyte drink recipe we found on http://dontmesswithmama.com/homemade-citrus-electrolyte-drink/ It’s refreshing and will help rehydrate the kids!
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of water (filtered or purified) or raw coconut water
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Pink salt or Celtic sea salt (I like Himalayan better – it has 84 trace minerals)
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well. That’s it!
Recipe and photo source: http://dontmesswithmama.com/homemade-citrus-electrolyte-drink/