There’s still a few months left of winter and hearty meals do feel most comforting this time of year. Let’s mix the comfort of hearty with the lightness of citrus! We found this fantastic Honey Fennel and Florida Grapefruit Glazed Chicken. Just saying it aloud can make your mouth water. Thank our friends and Florida Citrus and Grapefruit for this recipe and give it a try.
- 2 Florida Grapefruit (1 juiced, 1 sliced)
- 1 whole fresh organic chicken
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- ½ tsp. course salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Place chicken into a roasting pan and set aside.
- Toast fennel seeds and black peppercorns in a small pan over high heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Transfer to a mini food processor. Add salt and garlic powder and pulse until granular.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together spice mixture, ¼ cup Florida Grapefruit juice and honey.
- Drizzle chicken with half the glaze, reserving the rest for basting. Slice second Florida Grapefruit into thin rounds and place on top and around chicken. Roast for 1.5 hours until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Re-glaze after 45 minutes.
- Serve with pan juices if desired and a side of roasted fennel.