We love to share health related facts about our juice with you, because we are proud that our juice not only tastes incredible, but it is superior to many other juices for health and many other reasons. Not only is 100% Indian River Select® Brand Grapefruit juice pure Florida juice, made and produced right here in the USA, but we are proud to say, we DO NOT use flavor packs in any of our Juice. When you drink your glass of Grapefruit Juice in the morning, take pleasure in knowing you are supporting a local business, but also your own health. Here are some more important facts about 100% Florida Grapefruit Juice!
- The invigorating taste of Florida grapefruit and 100 percent grapefruit juice help provide your body a natural source of energy while delivering essential nutrients like vitamin C, making them ideal and refreshing snacks post-workout or any time.
- Just half of one medium grapefruit has a host of phytonutrients (some which may function as antioxidants) and contains at least 100% of the Daily Value for vitamin C.
- Pink grapefruit juice has among the highest nutrient-density scores of commonly consumed 100% fruit juices including apple, grape, pineapple and prune.
- Naturally fat-free, 100% pure Florida Grapefruit juice is a nutrient-rich drink, bursting with vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamin C can help support iron absorption from certain foods. Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies worldwide and has been reported in 9%-16% of the adolescent and adult female population in the United States.1 Vitamin C can help enhance the absorption of non-heme iron (the iron found in plants, not meat products).2 Including a glass of grapefruit juice before eating a spinach salad may help support the absorption of iron from the spinach. Vitamin C-rich foods should be consumed daily to get the most iron out of foods.
- Pink and Ruby Red grapefruit supply lycopene, a carotenoid that is not converted to vitamin A in the body. Some studies report that higher intakes of carotenes from foods and beverages may have health benefits.
- An 8-ounce glass of pink or red grapefruit juice is an excellent source of vitamin A. Pink and red grapefruit contain beta-carotene, a carotenoid that serves as a source of vitamin A in the diet. Vitamin A is important for reproduction and growth, immune function, and helping support healthy vision. Carotenoids give fruits and vegetables some of their unique and vibrant colors and they may act as powerful antioxidants.
- Grapefruit juice supplies naringin, a polyphenolic compound that may have beneficial effects on human health. Grapefruit is one of the key foods in the diet that provide naringin.
- An 8-ounce glass of grapefruit juice supplies 6 percent of the Daily Value for magnesium. Magnesium is a mineral that helps your body generate energy and is required for the action of many enzyme systems.