Citrus offers a ton of nutrients that help your health in a natural form. September being National Prostate Month we found several recipes on JuiceRecipes.com that were beneficial to your prostate health, and easy to make. Here are a few that include our favorite citrus: orange!
If you have a masticating juicer, this will come out just like in the picture. If you have a centrifuge juicer, you may not be able to get much juice out of the spinach. You can still try it, but don’t be surprised if it shoots all of the spinach in the bin and a few drops come out. You can always juice everything except the spinach, and then finish it in a blender with the spinach.
- Apples – 3 medium (3″ dia) 546g
- Celery – 4 stalk, large (11″-12″ long) 256g
- Ginger Root – 1/4 thumb (1″ dia) 6g
- Lemon (with rind) – 1/2 fruit (2-1/8″ dia) 29g
- Orange (peeled) – 1 large (3-1/16″ dia) 184g
- Spinach – 5 handfuls 125g
You don’t have to peel the lemon, but make sure you peel the orange. The orange’s skin is very bitter and can ruin the flavor.
Beets and Treats
- Beet Root – 1 beet (3″ dia) 175g
- Cabbage (red) – 2 leaf 46g
- Carrots – 3 medium 183g
- Lemon – 1/2 fruit (2-3/8″ dia) 42g
- Orange – 1 fruit (2-5/8″ dia) 131g
- Pineapple – 1/4 fruit 226.25g
- Spinach – 2 handfuls 50g
Process all ingredients in a juicer, shake or stir and serve.
Try these great recipes or simply grab a glass of Indian River Select Orange Juice and be on your way!