Outdoors doesn’t mean you have to be a hiker, a hunter, a runner, or a fisherman. Being outdoors is simple as that. Actually enjoying being outside. It’s mid summer and if you haven’t started enjoying the outdoors yet, now is the time to get that fresh air, and we’re going to give you some suggestions on how to do that.
- Leave your phone at home and just walk through your neighborhood. Check out the houses, look at the sky, talk to your neighbors, and embrace the community your are a part of.
- Unplug your music. Even if you are in a canoe, out for a walk, or on a run…..listen to the trees in the wind, laughter of children, or the sounds of the city.
- Bring your workout outside. If it’s yoga, take it to your backyard. If it’s some cross-fit or training, head to a local park. If it’s running, hit a trail instead of the treadmill.
- Bird Watch or People Watch. Head to a local park, take a stroll through the woods, or sit on a bench at fair and just enjoy what’s happening around you. Watching birds, animals, and people can be very relaxing.
- Walk through downtown. Never just walked through the downtown area of your city? Do it now. Park the car, and head through your downtown area with no agenda and just see what’s there.
- Get some air! Take a drive to a beach, ride your bike on an adventure, try an ATV, or just drive around with the windows down around the city and see what’s there.