Everyone is busy this time of year and it can be much easier to skip breakfast all together or make an unhealthy choice. We want to help keep you healthy by not only suggesting you drink your favorite choice of Indian River Select® Brand Juice with breakfast, but we also want to give you something filling and healthy for breakfast! Mornings are not always easy and getting a decent breakfast in can be downright difficult. We found this recipe at Thriving Home and it’s not only simple, but it’s easy to interchange ingredients and keep fresh and new!
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 4-5 pieces whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces
- 8oz of finely diced ham, I like John Morrell brand (you can also use sliced deli ham)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (or more or less to taste)
- dried Parsley to taste
- · 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- · 2) Grease muffins tins well.
- · 3) Press bread pieces evenly in muffin tins until they come about ½ to the top of the tin.
- · 4) Sprinkle ham pieces evenly in each tin.
- · 5) Sprinkle cheese evenly in each tin.
- · 6) Whisk together in bowl, eggs, milk, ground mustard, and pepper.
- · 7) Pour egg mixture evenly in each muffin tin.
- · 8) Sprinkle dried Parsley to taste on the top of each muffin.
- · 9) Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through the middle.
Let sit for 5 minutes then remove from tins and refrigerate. Place cooked muffins in sealed container in fridge, or in the freezer in air-tight container. Re-heat wrapped in a paper towel. From frozen it takes about one minute for two muffins, cut in middle to check for temperature. From fridge it takes about 30 seconds to heat.