This delicious and healthy recipe from our friends at FloridaCitrus.com is absolutely amazing! The best part about this Florida Orange Herb Chicken recipe is that it is a hearty and easy-to-make meal that’s great for entertaining friends and family! This delicious and fun chicken recipe featuring our Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice and is a fantastic way to experiment in the kitchen! It is a dinner concept that highlights the flavor palate of orange and is a great recipe for an inspiration featuring chicken and orange flavors. You can’t go wrong!
- ½ cup Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice
- 1 Florida Orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. paprika
- A pinch ground pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 10-12 pieces of chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken skin side up in a rimmed 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Pour mixture over chicken, turning pieces to coat all sides.
- Arrange slices of lemon, Florida Orange and onion around and under the chicken.
- Sprinkle thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper generously over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for about one hour or until chicken is tender.
- Garnish cooked chicken with remaining fresh chopped herbs.