Here is a great recipe from www.floridacitrus.org that will have everyone excited for dinner tonight! For a delicious summer recipe we look for something that is light and refreshing and this balsamic dressing is exactly that. It features our Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice that is 100% natural. It’s fresh flavor blends perfectly with your delicious veggies!
- 1 small shallot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place shallot, garlic, orange juice, orange zest, vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juice, and honey in the blender. Blend until the shallot is very finely chopped. Slowly blend in olive oil. Transfer to a storage jar and keep refrigerated.
- To make the superfood salad pictured in this post, add chopped kale to a bowl. Massage in the vinaigrette (don’t skip this step as it makes the kale tender and delicious). Top with cooked quinoa, toasted slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, blueberries, strawberries, avocado, and orange segments.
- *Oil-Free Option: You "can" omit the oil, though the dressing will be thinner. One way to make this dressing thicker is to blend in a tablespoon or two of plain yogurt (non-dairy).
- *I do my best to calculate approximate nutrition information for my readers who like it. However, I can’t guarantee accuracy as I’m not a nutritionist and I use a third party site. If your health depends on nutrition information, please use your favorite calculator to re-calculate. Information is based on 1/8 of this recipe.