Here is a yummy summer cocktail recipe you can make with Indian River Select® Brand Orange Juice to celebrate the season. It’s a great excuse to run to your local store right now and pick up a bottle of juice. Here are the stores with IRJ on sale right now!
Be the hit of your summer gathering using your favorite refreshing summer beverage. Cheers!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, scooped from the skin and chopped
- 2 limes, 1 juiced and one cut into quarters for garnish
- 2 cups cabbage, red, green or both, shredded
- 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 6 corn tortillas, kept warm
- 16 ounces halibut or cod fillets
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cabbage and onion together. Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Mix into the cabbage mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Mix the canola oil and lime juice together. Brush the fish with this mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cook on the grill, covered, until cooked through, approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Serve the fish in the tortillas with some of the coleslaw over the top and garnished with the tomatoes and avocado.