Here is another good for you breast cancer prevention recipe that we found at www.prevention.com. Make this a complete breakfast with a glass of Indian River Select® Grapefruit Juice! What a great way to start your day! Pick up a bottle today – just look for the pink cap!
- 3 eggs
- 1 c part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 c unsweetened plain soy milk
- 1 container (6 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 c whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 c buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 c yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1 c sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 c maple syrup
1. PREHEAT the oven to 200°F. Place a griddle or a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
2. WHISK together the eggs, ricotta, soy milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl until well blended.
3. WHISK together the flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl until blended. Stir in the egg mixture until blended.
4. DROP the batter by heaping 1⁄4 cupful onto the griddle. Cook for 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the tops and the bottoms brown. Flip and cook for 2 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, reducing the heat if necessary. Remove the pancakes to a heatproof plate and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the cooking spray and the remaining batter. Serve with the strawberries and maple syrup.
NUTRITION (per serving) 292 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 44 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 277 mg sodium
PREP TIME: 15 minutes / COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes