Gluten-Free Orange Pound Cake
Looking to try out a gluten-free diet? We celebrated Gluten-Free Day with this tasty Orange Pound Cake!
The intense orange flavor mixes perfectly with the vanilla to create a taste you won’t forget! It’s super easy to make, and you can’t tell it’s gluten-free!
Check out the full recipe below!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- zest of 3 oranges
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain gluten-free flour blend
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 cup powdered/icing sugar, sifted
- 6-7 tsp orange juice
- Ensure the oven rack is in the middle, preheat the oven to 350ºF, and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Add sugar and orange zest to a bowl, use your fingertips to rub the zest into the sugar. (This will release more essential oils from the zest.)
- For the following steps, use either a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer fitted with the double beaters. It is possible to beat by hand although the butter and sugar will not turn out as fluffy and light.
- Cream butter and sugar (with the orange zest) together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mix well after each addition, and until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift the gluten-free flour blend, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, alternately add the dry ingredients (in three batches) and the orange juice (in two batches) to the butter-sugar mixture, whisking well after each addition, until you get a fairly smooth cake batter with no flour clumps.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared loaf tin, smooth out the top, and bake in preheated oven at 350ºF for about 1 hour – 1 hour 5 minutes or until risen, golden brown on top, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. The loaf should have a large crack running along the center.
- Allow to cool in the loaf tin for about 10 minutes, then transfer the cake out of the tin and onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Brand Customer Service:
(Toll Free): (888) 373-7426
Fax: (772) 595-9522
GEM Indian River Select, LLC
3586 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982