Luscious Lemonade & Optimal Orange Ice Creams
It’s always good weather for ice cream! But nothing hits the spot in the heat of Summer quite like our citrusy-fresh ice creams.
These two amazing citrus-fresh ice cream recipes will have everyone (politely) screaming for more!
Celebrate Summer with these refreshing ice cream – not just for kids!🍦🍊🍨🍋
Luscious Lemonade Ice Cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup white sugar (or more to taste)
1 cup half-and-half cream
3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
5 large egg yolks
- Combine heavy cream, sugar, half-and-half, and lemon zest in a saucepan; bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover the saucepan, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the saucepan and bring back to a simmer over low heat. Beat egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk 1 cup hot cream mixture into eggs, several tablespoons at a time. Stir egg mixture back into cream mixture in the saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Stir lemonade into chilled ice cream mixture. Freeze in a 4- to 5-quart ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer ice cream to a lidded freezer container, then freeze for about 4 hours to ripen flavors before serving.
Optimal Orange Ice Cream
- Add orange juice, lemon juice and sugar to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Taste and add a little more sugar if it’s not sweet enough. Whisk in cream and orange jello.
- Freeze/churn according to ice cream maker instructions. *If using a modern electric ice cream maker freeze the bowl of the ice cream maker overnight, and refrigerate the liquid mixture overnight, before churning.
- Both need to be completely chilled.
- Store in the freezer for 1-2 weeks, in an airtight container.
Brand Customer Service:
(Toll Free): (888) 373-7426
Fax: (772) 595-9522
GEM Indian River Select, LLC
3586 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982