Lemon Meringue Dream Pie
Lemon meringue pie is a tried and tested favorite for all! Without losing the traditional goodness we have added a modern twist to a family favorite!
Brace yourself for a buttery, citrusy-fresh symphony of flavor and texture. See the simple steps below and smash your home-baked goals at your next gathering.
Give it a try this weekend and be sure to let us know what you thought!
- 1/2 cup Indian River Select Lemonade
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 4 egg yolks (room temp)
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 1 ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 egg whites, reserved (room temp)
- We used premade tart shells, a busy-cook-hack, you are welcome!
- You will need a double boiler, or a medium pot and a heat-safe bowl that fits snugly on top. Fill the pot with a few inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Combine all curd ingredients EXCEPT the butter in the heat-safe bowl before placing it on top of the pot. Reduce the heat to a simmer and whisk continuously for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in butter cubes until melted.
- Place a candy thermometer on the bowl and continue whisking for 5 minutes or until the mixture has reached 175˚ F. In case you do not have a candy thermometer, the curd is ready when it reaches a yogurt-like consistency,
- Pour into tart shells immediately while still warm. As the curds cools it will stiffen.
For the meringue:
- Whisk egg whites on low speed with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Make sure the bowl and beater are completely grease and moisture free.
- On the stovetop, the sugar and water should be boiling. Be patient and wait until the mixture reaches 250˚ F on the candy thermometer. The exact temperature is important.
- At this point, the egg whites should look like a thick foamy bubble bath. While still mixing, slowly begin to spoon the hot sugar syrup into the bowl 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk on high speed for a full 6-8 minutes until the mixture cools and reaches a consistency of old-fashioned shaving cream.
Brand Customer Service:
(Toll Free): (888) 373-7426
Fax: (772) 595-9522
GEM Indian River Select, LLC
3586 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982