Orange Blast Cheesecake
Our creamy Orange Blast Cheesecake is inspired by the fragrant orange blossom and the delightful goodness of a classic cheesecake.
Pair with a glass of our Orange Juice for the perfect balance of decadence and health, win-win!
- 3 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 60 cookies)
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest, (divided – save half for filling)
- 2.7 oz butter, melted
- 12 oz Indian River Select Orange juice
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh ginger root
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz sugar
- 6 oz white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Use a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbs, 2 teaspoons orange zest and butter. Press onto bottom and 2-in. up sides of the prepared pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine orange juice and ginger; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until syrupy and reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Strain and discard ginger.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in ginger syrup, melted chocolate, vanilla and remaining orange zest. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish cheesecake with candied orange slices, or fresh fruit.
- We doubt there will be leftovers but if there are – refrigerate!
Brand Customer Service:
(Toll Free): (888) 373-7426
Fax: (772) 595-9522
GEM Indian River Select, LLC
3586 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982