Quick breads are a busy mom’s go-to for easy breakfasts. Most children love bread, so making homemade sweet breads is always a hit.
We have a super special recipe from Life and Liz for delicious orange bread! Made with our fresh Indian River Select Orange Juice and fresh orange zest, this bread is the perfect way to start the day!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Indian River Select orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until completely incorporated after each addition. Add in the orange zest.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add the orange juice and dry ingredients by thirds, starting with the orange juice, alternating the additions. Beat only until just incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place on middle rack of 350°F oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Cool on a rack in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove the loaf from the pan and cool for another 10 to 15 minutes.
7. While the loaf is cooling, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the orange juice, and powdered sugar until smooth and there are no lumps. Place loaf on a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over the loaf.
Written by: life.and.liz – check out their Instagram profile here!
Brand Customer Service:
(Toll Free): (888) 373-7426
Fax: (772) 595-9522
GEM Indian River Select, LLC
3586 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982