Indian River Select Orange Juice & Cranberry Muffins
As the year starts, our kitchens seem to get used more than ever because our baking goes into overdrive. We love this easy muffin recipe because it combines citrus orange flavors with tangy cranberries for a yummy treat. We used Indian River Select Orange Juice in this recipe and the zest of a real orange to create muffins bursting with flavor, but not overly sweet. They are soft, fluffy, and quick to make from scratch.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar or coconut sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp orange zest (from 1-2 oranges)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup Indian River Select Orange Juice
1 1/2 cups cranberries
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. (flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest)
- In a second bowl whisk all wet ingredients until blended. (egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, milk, and Indian River Orange Juice)
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring just until everything is evenly combined. Batter should still be slightly lumpy. Fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and the center comes out clean and muffins are golden on top.
These muffins are the perfect thing to make ahead and have on hand for an easy grab and go breakfasts. They would also be a great addition to a family brunch or the perfect pick-me-up snack in the afternoon!
Written by: The Magnolia Mamas – check out their Instagram profile here!
Brand Customer Service:
(Toll Free): (888) 373-7426
Fax: (772) 595-9522
GEM Indian River Select, LLC
3586 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982