Deliciously Easy Thanksgiving Recipes!
What goes better than pumpkin and orange? We know every year is special but why not up your game with a couple new, easy and fantastic recipes this Thanksgiving incorporating Indian River Select’s 100 percent pure orange juice.
Craveable Cran-Orange Cake
What is Thanksgiving without a delicious cake bursting with flavor and comfort! One slice is never enough.
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Indian River Select Orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbs Indian River Select Orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan, set aside.
- In bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add in your orange zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Into your egg mixture add 1/3 of your flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Add half your milk, again blending to combine, then flour mixture then milk.
- Lastly, add in your orange juice and beat until incorporated.
- In bowl toss together your cranberries and flour until coated then fold into cake batter.
- Spread into prepared bundt pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plate to cool completely.
- Make your glaze by whisking together orange juice and powdered sugar until you get your desired consistency, drizzle over cooled cake. Enjoy!
Orange Glazed Carrots
Class up your carrot side dish this Thanksgiving day by adding a little citrussy flair – quick and easy but so much better than plain carrots! Use our low-calorie orange juice for a little less guilt
- 6 medium-sized carrots
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of Indian River Select Orange juice
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Cut your peeled carrots into ⅛” thick slices.
- Cook until tender. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Drain carrots and set them aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and salt.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Gradually add in orange juice whisking constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for two minutes.
- Stir in butter, then add mixture to carrots and stir gently to coat all of the carrots. Season with freshly ground pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to three days.
Spiced Pumpkin and Orange Bars
These are always a winner with the kids! Delicious, soft and definitely more-ish… and you can, of course, sneak in some calcium-fortified orange juice with vitamin D. We all need to find our inner child, don’t be shy give them a go!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Indian River Select Orange juice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening; lightly flour (or spray with baking spray with flour).
- In large bowl, beat bar ingredients with electric mixer on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 23 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until light golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk until smooth and spreadable. Immediately spread frosting over cooled bars.
- Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. If desired, garnish each bar with orange peel strip.
Brand Customer Service:
(Toll Free): (888) 373-7426
Fax: (772) 595-9522
GEM Indian River Select, LLC
3586 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982